PDF Imprimir

Universidad de Salamanca

General Presentation

Universidad de Salamanca

Un folleto informativo para los estudiantes internacionales puede encontrarse en la página web de la universidad:


A leaflet with all the information for international students is available at the webpage of the university:



Language Requirements

Since all the applicants come from Argentina, they will find that the University of Salamanca’s working language is their own: Spanish. We won't require a language certificate, then.

Remarks on the documents required for the application

- the CV must be written in English;

- an English version of the research/teaching/training proposal is recommended, although not compulsory. Spanish only will be accepted.

- we don't require legalized translation of diplomas or transcripts during the application and selection stage. The legalization of the documents will be only required for Full PhD.

Academic Requirements

Information about access, pre-inscription and registration to doctorates


- for Full Doctorate: Master Degree.

- for Post-Doctorate: Doctoral Degree, in principle.

- for Teaching Staff: proved experience in the Study Field you apply for. Letter of support from Host Institution is recommended.

- for Administrative Staff: proved experience in the Field you apply for. Letter of support from Host Institution is recommended.

Preparing your stay

Documents you must bring with you

- Passport, or if applicable, a valid national ID card. Once in Salamanca, you must identify yourself and enrol with the same ID.

- Letter of Acceptance from the University of Salamanca. All beneficiaries will receive an information letter in Spanish as soon as the selection process is over. They will be informed about the details of their stay and the further procedure to be followed. (The International Relations Office will issue an Invitation letter for the visa application. We will regularly check with the grantees the progress status of their visa application, if they might need any additional document).

- A copy of the document that proves you are an Erasmus Mundus grant holder.

- Any document showing that you have obtained an Erasmus Mundus grant to study at the University of Salamanca will do.

- Health care documents. Students from non-EU countries must take out private insurance that covers them during their stay in Spain.

- Student visa (only for students from non-EU countries).

Student ID Card

Once you have registered, you must go to the Office of International Relations to apply for a Student ID card. When you go to pick up your card you must bring:

- A photocopy of your passport or national ID card

- A photocopy of your registration sheet at the Centre/Faculty

The student ID card will give you access to all the libraries and computer labs of the University of Salamanca, as well as the other services offered by the University.

Arrival procedure for Erasmus Mundus grantees

- Welcome guide (English)

- Welcome guide (Spanish)


Degree seeking PhD students will be regularly enrolled at the Doctorate Programmes through a facilitated procedure dedicated to Erasmus Mundus students.

Language Courses

The University of Salamanca offers an intensive course in Spanish to all those Erasmus students who wish to take it (fees are charged separately). Classes are held for two hours a day for three weeks. However, this won’t be necessary, of course, for Argentinean grantees.

Cursos Internacionales de la Universidad de Salamanca. http://corintio.usal.es

Services at Universidad de Salamanca

-       Students' guides (Spanish version) http://campus.usal.es/~guias2011/

-       Disability Services (Spanish version) http://www.usal.es/webusal/node/2541

Accomodation in University of Salamanca

- Residence halls will offer the grantees a room in the University residences nearest to their faculty. The deadline for reserving a place is usually at the end of June. For detailed information go to http://www.usal.es/residen/

Accommodation in shared flats, with a family, private student, etc. Information is available on the web site of the University Guidance Office (Servicio de Orientación al Universitario): http://websou.usal.es/vivienda/presenta.asp

It is a good idea to stay the first few days in a youth hostel, guest/boarding house or hotel. That way you can have a look at the room or flat you are going to rent.

- Accommodation with older persons as part of University of Salamanca’s intergenerational living program: an older person offers accommodation at a low rate to students in exchange for some help at home. For more information, see the web site of the Office of Social Services (Servicio de Asuntos Sociales). http://www.usal.es/webusal/node/3516

- Temporary accommodation in the city’s youth hostels (Albergues Juveniles) for the first few days. Other temporary accommodation: If requested by e-mail, the Office of International Relations and Cooperation can provide a list of hotels and guest/boarding houses in Salamanca. You can also consult the following web site: http://www.infohostal.com

University dining halls:

There are five university dining halls with a capacity for 1,360 persons

and quite a flexible schedule:

- Peñuelas de San Blas.

- Colegio Fray Luis de León.

- Colegio de Oviedo.

- Campus Viriato.

- Restaurante Fonseca

Further information at http://www.usal.es/webusal/node/4183

Medical Assistance:

El sistema sanitario de España es un sistema solidario, público y gratuito. Con el pago de impuestos, aportes salariales de la población activa y por la Constitución española, toda la ciudadanía tiene el derecho de acceder a él. Como extranjero, cualquier persona que se encuentre en el país tiene derecho a la asistencia sanitaria igualitaria a cualquier ciudadano.

The Spanish Health Care system has agreements with other countries, both within and without the European Union.

In the case of Argentinean visitors, they should ask to their local officials before coming to check what documents they are supposed to bring over.

Before going to see your doctor you must make an appointment by calling the Health Care Centre. See the list of health centres on the webpage of the Office of International Relations: http://www.usal.es/~rrii/contenidoVer.php?id=145

If you need to see a specialist you must go to your general practitioner first, who will refer you to the specialist. Regarding dental care, the Spanish social security system only covers tooth extraction.  If you need any other treatment you will have to go to a private dentist and cover your own expenses.

As part of our Social Program, the University of Salamanca offers the services of the Dental Clinic to all members of the University community. For more information see the following Webpage: http://www.usal.es/~clinica_odontologica/


Emergency care

For emergencies you can go directly to the emergency department of any hospital or health care centre.



When you need medication the doctor will give you a prescription, which must be taken to a pharmacy. With most prescriptions given by doctors in the social security system you will be given a discount on the price of the medication.

For further information contact the Gerencia de Atención Primaria: (Área Básica de Salud): c/ Arapiles 25, 37007 Salamanca. Tel: 923 290900.

Addresses of Hospitals and Health Care Centres in Salamanca


- Hospital Clínico Universitario: Paseo de San Vicente s/n, 37007 Salamanca.

Tel.: 923 260402

- Hospital Virgen de la Vega: Paseo de San Vicente 58-182, 37007 Salamanca.

Tel.: 923 291200

Health Care Centres (Centros de Salud)

- La Alamedilla: Avda. Comuneros 27-31, 37003 Salamanca. Tfno: 923 126591

- Capuchinos: C/Valles Mineros 49, 37006 Salamanca. Tfno: 923 205100

- Garrido Norte (Sisinio de Castro): C/Romero s/n, 37004 Salamanca. Tfno.: 923 240051

- Garrido Sur: Avda. Comuneros 27-31, 37003 Salamanca. Tfno: 923 126593

- San Juan: C/Valencia 32, 37005 Salamanca. Tfno: 923 232778

- Pizarrales-Vidal: C/Alfareros s/n, 37006 Salamanca. Tfno: 923 232630

- Universidad Centro: Cuesta Sancti Spiritus 27, 37001 Salamanca. Tel.: 923 219911

- Sancti Spiritus-Canalejas: Ronda Sancti Spiritus 27, 37001 Salamanca. Tel: 923 211246

- San Bernardo (Miguel Armijo Moreno): C/Arapiles 25-33, 37007 Salamanca. Tfno: 923 290970.

- San José-(Castro Prieto): C/Maestro Tárrega 2-4, 37008 Salamanca. Tfno.: 923 260330

- Tejares (Elena Ginel Díez): C/Tomás Rodríguez Pinilla s/n, 37008 Salamanca. Tfno: 923 192417

- Periurbana Sur: C/Padre Ignacio Ellacuría s/n, 37008 Salamanca. Tfno: 923 194219

Other Services

Cultural Activities Office:

The Office of Cultural Activities organizes film festivals, concerts, plays, dance, jazz, art exhibits, chamber music, and other activities.

Physical Education and Sports


The University of Salamanca supports the practice of sports activities through its Office of Physical Education and Sports. There you can find out the different activities in their program, which includes a wide range of sports.


Important Information

ADDRESS Cardenal Pla y Deniel, 22, 1ª Planta
(Casa del Bedel)
37008 Salamanca - Spain
TELEPHONE +34 923 294426
FAX +34 923 294507
WEB SITE http://rel-int.usal.es
E-MAIL Esta dirección electrónica esta protegida contra spambots. Es necesario activar Javascript para visualizarla
The Office of International Relations is open to the public Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.



Última actualización el Lunes 19 de Diciembre de 2011 11:10


Universidad de Padova

Via VIII Febbraio 2
35122 Padova – Italy
Phone: +39 049 827 5111
Call centre: +39 049 827 3131

Oficina de Relaciones Internacionales

Via Roma 38
35122 Padova – Italy
Tel. +39 049 827 3741
Fax. +39 049 827 3060


You are here  : ARTESS Universidades Europeas: requisitos y hospitalidad Salamanca